Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Day 49: Prayer for the Broken


Matthew 3; Exodus 24; Proverbs 11


Faith in Jesus is not about being safe for the coming judgment; it is about trying to live a life without sin in communion with him.  I pray that our lives produce good fruit that makes God proud. I pray that we trust in him no matter what life circumstances occur.  There are people out there who are  REALLY struggling right now. They may feel worthless, useless, unskilled, etc.  While we don’t always understand why, we can believe the God has a plan and trust in him.  I pray that God gives these struggling people faith, to trust what God says in his word, that he is good, and his love is great no matter what.  They are broken inside and I pray that they trust God with their lives.
 
Honesty and humility are loved by God and are good guides to life.  I hope that Austin and I, and the rest of you, would not depend on money for our safety, security, and protection.  We need to rely on the Lord and obey his commands.  I hope that in our lives we are doing right, helping people, loving them as God has loved us.  I thank God for all the wonderful blessings he has given us, the life he has  blessed us with, and the troubles he has kept us from.
 
Lies and dishonesty can destroy a whole city, a whole community.  I pray that in our communities, people would be transformed by the power of God's love.  I pray that they would see God for who he really is, not as a God who desires judgment from his people on others, but as a God who loves and cares.  I pray that people would be honest and good and right, not prideful and deceitful so that our communities can be strengthened, not torn apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment