Thursday, February 7, 2013

Day 32: In the Midst of Struggles


Luke 23:26-56; Genesis 42; Psalm 33


It is astonishing, no unfathomable, how, on the way to be killed, Jesus is still concerned for others.  Christ speaks to the women of Jerusalem and the other criminal, helping them, giving them perspective, teaching them.  How many times do I, in my times of struggle, do I focus solely and selfishly on my own problems, without thinking or considering someone who may be struggling just as much (if not so much more!) than me?  It's like the moment when all of Jesus' friends and followers stood at a distance.

Joseph’s brothers did not realize that their suffering with the governor of Eygpt was really to bring them greater blessings than just grain.  God wanted more for them than just a little sustenance; He wanted to reunite them with their lost brother, to redeem them, and restore their family together. I pray that in times of suffering and hardship, that we would be brave and understand that present struggles will not last forever but will open the door to more beautiful opportunities and greater growth.

God is  trustworthy, loving, gracious, strong, powerful, mighty, awesome, and just.  I know that God loves us and created us just as we are.  I pray that our hearts would believe God's truths and live out his will.  The Lord has a plan for us, for our families, and I pray that we would have faith and courage to live it according to his will, not straying away or depending on ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment