Monday, February 4, 2013

Day 29: Faithful in the Little Things


Luke 22:1-38; Genesis 39; Psalm 30


Jesus always sent his disciples to do things without Him. He wanted to show them that with the power of God, they could accomplish things.  It also shows that believers should serve one another.  Just because Jesus isn’t here in the flesh, doesn’t mean he isn’t a part of something.  The man showed the disciples the upper room for them to use, he was generous and offered it for the service of the Lord, even though it was the disciples asking.

Peter was ready to die for you Jesus, but it was a little thing in which he was tempted and failed.  Lord, help me to be faithful in the little things, because if I can do that, then I will learn how to be faithful in the big things.  Help me to be a servant, not expect to be served.

Even in places where we do not expect to be successful or useful, God will put us to use.  Joseph was a servant and then a prisoner and in both unexpected places, he was blessed and God helped him.  The same is true today.  Wherever We are, God will help us and bless us if we are willing to be obedient.

Lord, you have indeed saved me.  You have rescued me from darkness and brought me into the beautiful light.  Lord, I pray that my praise and my prayers are pleasing to you and I ask that you would watch over me and my family.  Show your love in ways that are best for us, as I know you will.  I pray that in my darkest moments, and when those I love are experiencing fear or uncertainty, that we would turn to you and be strengthened by your promises.  Lord, you will never let us down.

No comments:

Post a Comment