Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Day 37: Keeping Faith during Struggles


Hebrews 4:14-6:12; Genesis 49-50; Psalm 39


Jesus understands us completely.  He knows what our lives are like and he understands how hard it can be to obey God.  I am so thankful for the message in Hebrews.  Christ had to suffer in order to know true obedience and be made perfect; the same is true for our souls.  We must suffer and learn obedience in this life so that one day we can live with God in perfect heaven.

If we can't handle struggles, then are we still needing milk, baby food, elementary spiritual help and guidance?  Or, through our trials are we maturing past that to significant matters?  I hope that in our lives we are not stuck on the little things, but that we are growing so that God can be even more proud of us.  I pray that we grow to be a mature believers, having faith in our struggles.  May we be eager to show others how strong and lasting our hope is.  That we are faithful and persistent in any struggle, because of who God is.

Joseph’s brothers each had a vice, something they struggled with.  For some it was anger, others were workaholics.  They were blessed by God according to the life they lived, and for many it was dominated by their struggle.  We know that we will have many struggles, but I pray that our lives would not be won by our sins, but by our love and overcoming sins.

Psalm 39 is such a powerful, painful, honest, and beautiful cry out to The Lord.  Sometimes life just hurts and when it does, realizing how great God is and how small we are is humbling but encouraging.  When I know that my God is bigger than me, bigger than my problems, then I know I can make it through.

No comments:

Post a Comment