Friday, February 15, 2013

Day 39: God Can Do It, Just You Wait


Hebrews 7; Exodus 3-4; Psalm 41


The story of Moses and the Hebrew exodus is interesting.  Moses, when he first encounters God shows how weak his faith is.  He questions The Lord about his own abilities just after God has promised that he will accomplish these things.  Then Moses is concerned about what he will say, trying to find another excuse not to be the one who does this great task.  God tells him it won’t be easy but he need not worry because the promise has been made and the Almighty is on his side.  And excuse after excuse, The Lord provides him with something wonderful or a promise that he need not be afraid.  This same Lord that provided for every concern that Moses had will do the same for us.  Excuse after excuse, God will make a way.

I also find it interesting that the Israelites are to go to their Egyptian neighbors and ask for their clothes and gold and jewelry.  In the notes it says that these items were used to build the tabernacle.  Imagine, today, going to someone who really doesn't like Christians and saying "Hey, we are taking up an offering to develop our church, could you donate?"  Ha, yeah right.  But, the Egyptians gave them everything!  I don't know if they were in some Holy Spirit induced trance:  "Ugh, here is gold for you.  Take all." But, either way, this just shows that even in the most unconventional and desperate of times, God will provide.

This Psalm says that God has helped me because I am innocent—and yet I feel that I am not innocent.  How can this be true then?  Perhaps it is faith in Jesus as my Savior the thing that makes me innocent in God's eyes. Sometimes that doesn't seem like it should be enough.  What about our obedience?  I obey God sometimes, but other times I follow my own selfish or prideful desires.  I pray that we would learn accept that we are innocent because of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment