Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Day 312: In The Meantime

2 Peter 3; Jeremiah 45-46; Psalm 141

Why aren't we seeing Christ return yet? According to Peter, it is because God is so patient and gracious, that he wants to give people time to return to him. Those that scoff at or run away from Jesus may need more time to recognize the power and gift of God. In the meantime, Peter points out that people will be mislead and misinterpret scriptures. He encourages the Lord's followers to remain pure, stay on the right path, and keep growing in Jesus.

This psalm offers a wonderful prayer: "Help me to guard my words whenever I say something. Don't let me want to do evil or waste my time doing wrong with wicked people." The psalmist makes it clear that we may have a tendency to say things that aren't right or beneficial, or be tempted to walk down a path of sin. However, if we call on the Lord's name, I believe he will help us to do less of that and more good and right.

No comments:

Post a Comment