Monday, March 18, 2013

Day 61: Enough Faith


Matthew 17; Numbers 2-3; Ecclesiastes 3:16-4:16


Sometimes I feel like I don’t have enough faith.  Sometimes I, along with other believers, doubt God's provision and will for our lives.  It is such a sad thing that we would do so, considering all he has done for generations before.  However, doubt is normal, natural. We doubt things we see (that chocolate cake doesn't REALLY have that many calories...). But, it also makes me so sad to think of all the people living in darkness, in the past and future because they did not know or understand God. Believes have faith and sometimes falter, but we still can believe in God's promises; those that have never or don't believe in Jesus Christ  must go through life hopeless. I know that I don’t fully comprehend all that God is and can do, nor will I ever.  But, I'm thankful for the promises God gives.

Jesus paid taxes because he didn’t want to cause trouble. Christians should follow the rules of the land in order to be a good example.  This includes not trying to cheat the systems—paying taxes, being honest about responsibilities, not lying about free stuff, not getting upset about things—these things would show us to be inconsistent in our walk of faith and love.
 
Solomon is clear in Ecclesiastes that overwork and collecting wealth and stuff is meaningless, especially if we are not sharing it with friends.  It is better to have peace and a little bit than to have a lot and be miserable.  What I find interesting is that even thousands of years later, the world can still be a miserable place for many to live.  There is injustice and harm done to people everywhere.  Solomon notes that God has a time and place for everything and at some point he will judge everyone.  All a person has to do is look around to see how terrible humans are to know that we need a Savior.
 
I'm so thankful for my family and friends.  I'm blessed to have a husband that is the best friend a person could ask for, and a brother who is a wonderful friend too.  If each of us looks around, we can find something or someone to be thankful, and I hope and pray that we continue to lift up praises to God, not just for those people he has given us, but for who he is. God deserves all the glory and praise that we can give, and even more than that.  I pray that our lives would reflect the love and grace that he has so generously bestowed upon us.

No comments:

Post a Comment