Thursday, January 31, 2013

Day 26: Don't be a Pharisee


Luke 20:1-26; Genesis 35-36; Psalm 28


The chief priests knew that Jesus was talking about them, and yet they still refused to listen.  The Savior of the world was staring them in the face, ridiculing them for their hard-heartedness, and they did nothing.  Are there places in our lives where we am stubborn and refuse to listen?  May the Lord reveal our sin and selfishness so that we can be washed clean and turn from them.  Jesus has the power to amaze and to shut the mouths of people who are trying to ridicule him.  I pray that those who think they don’t need God would investigate his truths and come to know him!

The Lord gives strength, hope, love, forgiveness, and eternal life.  There is nothing more we could ask for.  I am learning to trust him with my family and my future, and I pray that the life and love he has given me shine through me so that others may see his glory.  We all need help to rid ourselves of sin that ensnares us; we need help to be honest with ourselves and remove that within me that which is not clean.  May we not be like Pharisees!!! I hope that each of us are learning how to make our lives a reflection of the kindness that God has shown to each of us sinners.  God's words can be like life to our souls and I thank him for all he is teaching us.

No comments:

Post a Comment