Friday, January 25, 2013

Day 22: Watching Out


Luke 17; Genesis 29:1-30; Psalm 21-22


Believers should look out for others.  They should not lead people into sins, they should forgive over and over.  God want believers to have faith.  Here in Luke it says that they don’t need stronger or more faith.  Even a little faith is enough to accomplish the work of God’s kingdom.  And, we should do that work without expecting any rewards.  I want to make a difference, but it needs to be because of my desire to give God glory, not to bring attention to myself.  That's a struggle sometimes.  I pray that our perspective remains eternal, on the unseen, and our lives focused on The Lord.

In this passage Jesus says that we will long to see the day of the Son of Man, but we will not.  I feel as though that time could be now.  There are so many people suffering, so many ways that humans defile one another and God.  It would be so great if he were to come now, but obviously there is still work to be done on earth.    That day when God comes will be without warning and it will not be expected.  On that day, materials, wealth, status, health, will not matter.

Having the record of the Israelites, I can see how God provided faithfully for his people.  He never left them with nothing and always had their best interests at heart.  The Lord wants to take care of his people if only they will look to him and open their hearts to  receive blessings.  I pray that no matter what our futures hold, that we trust God in those dark times as we trust him in the lighter times.  I know that God has each and every one of our best interests at heart.  May we trust him with all our soul and know that he will be with us through good times and not-so-good times.

The Lord God deserves all the praise my heart and life are capable.  I thank him for the amazing time spent with friends and family and pray that he would bless them and keep them in his powerful hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment