Saturday, January 26, 2013

Day 22: God at the Center


Luke 18:1-17; Genesis 30; Psalm 23


Jesus says that he wants to answer our prayers and want to take care of us.  The Lord wants to justify us and redeem us.  He are not a God who desires to withhold things for the sake of being vindictive. He is a loving God who truly cares for his creation more than we understand.  I am so thankful for that.  For a while I believed that God was calculating and shrewd, like an old man setting traps or keeping tabs on all my missteps.

But the more scripture I read, the more I realize how absolutely WRONG that is.

God is like the perfect friend, father, caretaker we could imagine.  He LOVES us with a perfect love. That is definitely something to celebrate.

The story of Jacob, Rachel, and Leah is a sad one.  There is no love, no purity in the marriage(s), and they compromise or bargain for favors.  That is not the kind of marriage I want, and that is not the kind of marriage I hope for any of you.  I am so blessed to have a husband who loves me so generously and tenderly.  He makes me feel precious, desirable, special, and for that I have only The Lord Almighty to thank.

But the only reason our marriage works is because God is and always has been the focus of our marriage.

But that may not be the case for everyone, either because you aren't married, or because you or your spouse have struggled with such an idea.  I pray that God would come into you and your spouse's heart (or future spouse's heart) to be the center of your marriage, and more so as the years pass.  I pray that if there is anything in our lives that we make more important that God and his message, that he would show it to us so that we can move it aside and place Christ again at the very center, the focal point.

Psalm 23 is a beautiful reminder of the peace and protection that The Lord provides.  I know that we will face struggles, but he is with us, no matter where we go.  May we be forever thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment