Saturday, January 19, 2013

Day 17: Just a Tiny Seed


Luke 13:18-35; Genesis 24; Psalm 17


The comparisons to a mustard seed and yeast in bread could mean a lot of different things.  Does it mean that the small numbers of believers will have a great impact?  Or the little bit that we see now will be revealed to be a part of everything?  Could it mean that God will do big things with us ordinary people?  No matter which is most correct, I think the general point can be made that God is capable of maximizing something that seems to have minimal influence.

To me, the verses 24-30 in Luke talk about exactly what Rob Bell in his book was trying to disagree with.  The door to heaven will eventually be shut and no one else will be able to get in.  There is a limited amount of time.  I’m not sure how much, but the door will not remain open forever.  This is also sad because it says that not everyone will be able to get in.  I can't help but look around my classroom and wonder, which of these people will be left out?  I hope that someday all my students will know God's love and salvation, but the reality is, they may not.  I pray that the believers that they come across would be like Jesus and not like the Pharisees.

Rebekah is a wonderful example of service above and beyond and service according to God’s will.  She also demonstrates great faith, respect, and honor to the Lord and her family.  God wants followers who will love and serve and honor him by loving, serving, and honoring one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment