Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Starting this Next chapter

Wow, it's one thing to read about history, but to be living it?

We also understood that our world had gotten smaller, but these last few weeks we have truly experienced the full weight of our global connections.

We've watched as the shelves have gotten emptier, not over a few months, but in moments, those ever-full shelves at our favorite grocery store have been wiped clean.

Trips, parties, meetings, plans...all of them are now tentative as we can't see what the future will hold.

And I had considered homeschooling for like half a second; I guess now I'll get to see if I'm any good at it.

I feel an incredible burden this morning. A responsibility to my boys, to help them academically over the coming weeks, but also to offer character and spiritual growth in light of circumstances that are totally bizarre. I feel a weight for my high school students, knowing I sent some of them out the door yesterday with a small bit of work and no way to contact them (since they don't have internet at home). I also feel I'm supposed to open this blog back up. I love writing--crafting the right words to fit the shape of my thoughts and emotions--and I feel as though this time is a great season to begin again. I began this blog as an opportunity to share my heart about Bible passages, offer truth and encouragement, as well as insight into what I was reading.

I think it will be a beautiful challenge, to walk through this time of uncertainty and reflect on the promises of God. Would love your feedback and thoughts, always! Praying for you and hoping to encourage you!

No comments:

Post a Comment