Friday, December 7, 2012

Beginning

Blogging is something that I have wanted to do for a while now.  It seems so awesome that anyone can be an author and tell their story.  I want to share what God has done in my life, how he has reached the depths of my heart with his Word, and if nothing else, I am being faithful to share that in my little corner of the web.

What this blog is all about is providing a Bible reading plan. A couple of years ago, I acquired a Bible called The Poverty and Justice Bible. All the verses that deal with the poor, how to serve them, justice, and injustice are highlighted in a cant-miss-it orange. Even being raised in church all my life, I never realized just how much God's heart is devoted to the orphans and widows. God loves the down-and-out, the beaten-down, the lonely, and he wants his followers to love them and serve them as a part of our daily walk on this planet. So, with each post,verses from this Bible's daily reading plan will be included. You don't have to read my comments -- I'm not a theologian anyway -- but they are there to provide my thoughts and applications of the scripture.

I don't expect to be able to uncover the "secrets of scripture" or comment on the Greek or Hebrew translations. To me, when Jesus thanked his Father that the messages he was sharing were revealed to ordinary people, that told me that I could get it if I prayed that God would teach me and if I was persistent in my study. What I started doing in August of 2011 was reading the Word and generally asking 2 questions: what does this say about The Lord and how can it apply to my life. Sometimes books like Deuteronomy and Leviticus seems so obscure, but the more I read them the more God reveals to me that they indeed do connect with me. So, since I'm only an expert in my life, that is what I present to you, friend, the application of God's Word to my life and hopefully it will encourage you in yours.

Perhaps, my humble thoughts will provide you with the inspiration to read God's precious and life-giving Word and write down your own thoughts. I will begin on January first, as that seems to be the day people start anew. Feel free to read, explore, pray, and comment. I pray that God blesses you through his scriptures.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! It is an amazing bible and I will enjoy reading your posts. Thank you for getting me started on a daily devotion using YouVersion. It is amazing how those few minutes with God keeps everything in perspective. Thank you also for sharing your thoughts with the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just thankful for a MOM THAT IS SO AWESOME! I'm excited that you are reading the devotionals on YouVersion. They really are so cool. I hope this blog inspires you!

      Delete